Nearly Got Caught | Contests & Freebies Around the World
Contests & Freebies

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Nearly Got Caught

The other day, I wrote a post about a new auction site that I discovered recently that has designer items that start from US$1 every five minutes or so. Well, I got a fright, you know. When I first found it, I was so excited that I clicked a few buttons without really knowing how the bidding works. I thought tat I would be fine because I was not a registered member of the site.

I subsequently registered myself and to my horror, found that I active bids in a couple of wedding rings!!! I bid on those for fun before I was a member but I guess the site has placed cookies on my computer, so it recorded my activities on the site.

I was so scared that I would end up as the winning bidder because I definitely have no money to pay for those rings! You can imagine me fretting and hoping that this is just a nightmare.

I wrote to Customer Service but they tell me that they were just Second Chance Offers and I could ignore them if I didn't want to buy them. Phew.... thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment