$198 Gap Leather Bag, Anyone? | Contests & Freebies Around the World
Contests & Freebies

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

$198 Gap Leather Bag, Anyone?

A few months ago, before I was introduced to Belisi Fashions, I wasn't that interested in what I wear. Seriously, and I am a girl! But after I came to know of Belisi Fashions, I started to keep track of his designs AND get educated on the fashion scene thanks to his blogs.

In a recent article, A new season at The Gap, on The Diva's Dreams, the question was asked by
Belisi: luxe handbags at the Gap?

I like the idea of clothes that fit both seasons and can make a smooth transition from winter to spring which is called transitional fashion. Why should we buy new clothes every season, right? Designers who make transition fashion are headed the right way.

I have to agree that denim has overstayed its welcome. It's time to get denim out of my own wardrobe too. The material may last forever, but the fashion will not. So I better do something about 'em jeans!

Honestly, $198 for a leather bag is way too steep, even for bigger fashion labels than Gap. I for one would never buy a bag at that price and if I did, it may have been in a moment of insanity. I would even feel guilty for the rest of my life.

It's not really a matter of affordability, but I want to question the logic of buying a bag for $198 or a nicer and yet cheaper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment