Epocrates Online Answers Our Drug Concerns | Contests & Freebies Around the World
Contests & Freebies

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Epocrates Online Answers Our Drug Concerns

As a layman with no knowledge of medication and their effects, sometimes I am prescribed a certain medicine and I feel embarrassed to ask my doctor questions like, "Should I take this before or after meals?", "Should this be taken chewed or swallowed"?, "Can this be taken together with my supplements?" and a load of other concerns.

These questions may sound silly to a clinician and he may think it's common sense, and so failed to give detailed explanation. Besides, clinicians are busy people.

So I was very glad to have access to Epocrates Online. It is a website that is not only useful for clinicians to refernce but also to ordinary people like me where I can have all my silly questions answered and also find out the reaction and interaction of two drugs, the dosage and even the picture of the tablet.

Sometimes, I also read up on other drugs like amitriptyline, aspirin, or sildenafil citrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment